Prior to the launch of the new iPad Pro models, it was rumored that the 12.9-inch version of the tablet would be in short supply. It looks like these rumors were true. Despite the fact that the delivery of the tablet will begin at the end of May, some users who have pre-ordered will have to wait for their device until July.
It is reported that the versions of the 12.9-inch iPad Pro with 128, 256, 512GB and 1TB drives ordered at the time of this writing are promised to be delivered to customers only between June 24 and July 8. But the most advanced variant with 2 TB of memory, which costs $ 2200, will be available from June 2 to June 9. It is assumed that the shortage of 12.9-inch iPad Pros is due to a shortage of Mini-LED-panels used in the device.
Acceptance of pre-orders for the tablet started today. Those users who ordered the device first will receive it between May 21st and 27th. It’s worth noting that the 11-inch version of the new iPad Pro is much easier to purchase. The delivery of the tablet with any memory capacity will be on May 27.
Recall that both models of the new iPad Pro are based on the M1 computer chipset. They boast Thunderbolt support, so you can connect an external monitor to your devices. The new iPad Pro has up to 16 GB of RAM. Here is a reminder of the full specifications of both models.
Apple iPad 11-inch / 12.9-inch (2021) specifications
- 11-inch (2388 x 1668 pixels) Liquid Retina LED-backlit display with P3 Color Gamut, 600 nits brightness, 264 PPI
- 12.9-inch (2732 x 2048pixels) Liquid Retina XDR mini-LED backlit display with P3 Color Gamut; 600 nits brightness, 1000 nits max full-screen brightness; 1600 nits peak brightness (HDR), 264 PPI
- Apple M1 chip 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
8-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine
- 8GB RAM with 128GB, 256GB or 512GB storage / 16GB RAM with 1TB or 2TB storage
- iOS 14.5
- 12MP wide camera with f/1.8 aperture, 10MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture; 5P lens, Sapphire crystal lens cover, Autofocus with Focus Pixels (Wide), Brighter True Tone flash
- 12MP Ultra Wide TrueDepth front camera with 122° field of view; Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control, Portrait Lighting, Retina Flash
- Five microphones for calls, video recording, and audio recording, Four speaker audio
- Sensors: Face ID, LiDAR Scanner, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Barometer, Ambient light sensor
- 5G (optional), Wi‑Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz)Wi-Fi 6; simultaneous dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Built‑in GPS/GNSS, Thunderbolt 3 / USB 4 (up to 40 Gbps) / USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
- Dimensions (11-inch): 247.6x 178.5x 5.9mm; Weight: 466/468g
- Dimensions (12.9-inch): 280.6x 214.9 x 5.9mm; Weight: 682/684g
- 11-inch – 28.65-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- 12.9-inch – 40.88-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music