There is huge competition in the smartphone market and manufacturers have to be on top of their game to make an impact. However, this is no reason for any brand to cheat just to score a cheap point. There have been reports that the Samsung Galaxy S22 comes with a built-in application called GOS. The function of this application is to forcibly limit apps performance, thereby reducing CPU heating and prolonging battery life.
According to reports, the app is set to limit the performance of more than 10,000 applications. This includes but is not limited to games and regular office software like Microsoft Office. However, here is the catch and the cheating from Samsung. All benchmarking software are outside this restriction. This means that benchmarking software will record the full performance of the device while apps can not use the full performance due to the restrictions.
This move led Geekbench to believe that Samsung has a problem of “running score cheating” and removed several models such as the Galaxy S22/S21/S20/S10 from the database.
However, there is now an official response from Samsung
In its response, Samsung said that GOS will only control the heat and performance of the game in a balanced manner. The company claims that it will not affect the performance of other conventional applications. Furthermore, the company also claims that benchmarking software is not games, so GOS will not impose any restrictions on it.
However, at present, Geekbench has not recovered the running score data of mobile phones such as the Galaxy S22, and has not responded to Samsung’s “justification”.
Samsung Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S22+ specifications
- 6.1-inch FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 48-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate in Game Mode, up to 1300 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2200 processor
- 8GB RAM with 128GB/256GB storage
- Android 12 with One UI 4.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1/1.57″ 1um ISOCELL GN5 sensor, f/1/8 aperture, OIS, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 10MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dust and Water-resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 146×70.6×7.6mm; Weight: 168g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 (Wi-Fi 6E in S22+) 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, UWB (S22+ only), GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3700mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging, Wireless PowerShare