Tomorrow, Lenovo intends to present in China a 12.6-inch flagship version of the Xiaoxin Pad Pro tablet. Recently, the Chinese manufacturer officially shared the specifications of the new product on the Weibo social network. In general, preliminary information published on the network earlier is confirmed.
Now it is reliably known that Xiaoxin Pad Pro 12.6 will receive an AMOLED display with a QHD + resolution (2560 × 1600 pixels). The aspect ratio of the screen is 16:10, the refresh rate is 120 Hz, the touch sampling rate is 360 Hz. The tablet supports HDR10 +, Dolby Vision technologies, displays 100% DCI-P3 color gamut.
The model is built on the Snapdragon 870 mobile platform, equipped with 8 GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256 GB of UFS 3.1 ROM, and the use of memory cards is also supported. The rear camera received a 13-megapixel main sensor and an auxiliary ultra-wide-angle 5 megapixel, the front one – 8 megapixels and a ToF sensor.
The model is equipped with a battery with a capacity of 10 200 mAh with a charging power of 30 W, as well as JBL quad speakers with support for Dolby Atmos technology. There is a slot for connecting a keyboard; the device comes with a second generation Xiaoxin stylus; with 4096 sensitivity levels and a magnetic mount. The tablet runs Android 11 in the ZUI 13 shell. There is a second generation USB Type-C 3.1 port, Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 6, and a GPS module. Dimensions – 285.61 x 184.53 x 5.63 mm.
Xiaoxin Pad Pro 12.6 presentation will take place tomorrow, prices, launch date and sales regions will be announced later. The only option available to buyers is in a gray metal case.
Strategy Analytics: Tablet Market Growth Halts in Q3
Supply constraints and steep comparisons to the year-ago quarter faced off against strong Back-to-School demand and a tablet market gearing more and more towards productivity for hybrid work and more digitized classrooms. The result was a -10% drop in tablet shipments year-on-year; but market demand is still far stronger than it was pre-pandemic, according to a new report by Strategy Analytics. As the COVID pandemic remains a key concern around the world; this tension between high demand and low component supply will test vendors and their channel partners as we enter the winter holiday season.
- Apple iOS/iPadOS shipments (sell-in) grew 15% year-on-year to 17.3 million units in Q3 2021; with worldwide market share climbing 8 percentage points to 38%
- While remaining the top Android vendor, Samsung tablet shipments declined -23% year-on-year in Q3 2021 to 7.5 million units; market share declined by -2.1 percentage points to 17% during the same period.
- in addition, Lenovo tablet shipments showed the only year-on-year growth out of all Android vendors at 5% to reach 4.3 million units; market share climbed 1.4 percentage points year-on-year to 9%
- Amazon Fire tablet shipments fell -24% to 3.7 million units as market share fell -1.4 percentage points to 8%
- Also, Huawei tablet shipments fell year-on-year -64% to 1.8 million units in Q3 2021. Market share fell 6.0 percentage points to 4% compared to Q3 2020