Apple officially released its latest “budget” smartphone, iPhone SE 3. The company does not usually reveal the capacity of its batteries. Nevertheless, after sales of its devices, a disassembly of the smartphone could reveal the battery. Many people are looking forward to the battery capacity of the iPhone SE 3. Judging from the preemptive disassembly, the capacity is not very large. The disassembly of this smartphone reveals that the iPhone SE 3 uses a 2018 mAh battery. The previous generation comes with an 1821 mAh battery. Even with all the software optimizations, this battery capacity is just too small. Users will obviously suffer from low battery issues. Users are already regretting purchasing this device…could this device be a hit or a joke?
The description on Apple’s official website is that compared with the previous generation, the new iPhone SE has longer battery life. It comes with 2 hours more video playback, and 10 hours more audio playback. In addition, this simple disassembly also confirmed that the iPhone SE 3 has 4GB of built-in memory. The previous generation comes with only 3GB of RAM.
The new iPhone SE 3 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon X57 5G chip. However, this chip does not appear on Qualcomm’s website and maybe a new product customized for Apple. The 5G iPhone SE 3 only supports sub-6GHz and does not support millimeter-wave 5G.
The biggest upgrade point of the iPhone SE is the A15 Bionic chip, which uses TSMC’s 5nm process and consists of 2 high-performance cores and 4 energy-efficient cores. It integrates a 4-core graphics processor and a 16-core neural network engine. The most powerful model in the same gear.
Apple iPhone SE 3 specifications
- 4.7-inch (1334 x 750 pixels) IPS 326 ppi display, 1400:1 contrast ratio, 625 cd/m2 max brightness
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance and 4 efficiency cores) Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 4‑core GPU, 16‑core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB and 256GB storage options
- iOS 15
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Touch ID Fingerprint sensor
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 138.4×67.3×7.3mm; Weight: 144g
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 15 hours of video playback
In addition, the Apple iPhone SE uses a 4.7-inch LCD screen with a resolution of 1334 × 750. It also comes with a 7MP camera on the front and a 12MP camera on the rear. The rear camera supports optical image stabilization.
Taking a look at the specs of this device, it appears that there is little or nothing that can excite us. Apart from the tough Bionic A15 chip, there is nothing else on this smartphone. It appears to be “a joke” but this is only an opinion. What do you think this device is? A hit or a joke?