One of the greatest features of Android is it’s ability to read your Google account syncing your calendar and most importantly your contacts! This is especially of use if you are setting up a new device, moving from another platform to Android or even if you manage to accidentally delete someone.
Keep reading to learn how to set your Google Sync up.
First of all make sure you have a Google account and make sure it has your current contacts saved. If not you will be syncing zero data.
- Go to your email client on your Android device and choose the ‘Add Account’ option. This will probably made visible by pressing the option button on your device then by choosing ‘settings’.
- Now your in your accounts screen you will be presented with 3 options for email: imap, pop and exchange. You want to choose the ‘exchange’ option.
- Now add your Gmail email address and password and add a name for your account. Press done.
- The next page will show you some more options such as how many days worth of emails your want to sync (best to choose a day or 2 if you get a lot of emails) and you will also see options for to sync contact and sync calendar. Choose what you want and finish.
- Once your device has finished syncing with your Google account your contacts (email addresses and phone numbers) should now be in the contacts menu of your Android Tablet!
Follow us on Twitter for more Android Tablet hits and tricks